I really love traditions and family time. When I was little my Dad and I played Checkers together and I still remember how much I enjoyed it. When visiting my grandparents, my grandpa would get me up late at night, long after I was asleep (although in reality it was probably only 9 or 10pm) and would take me to get fries and a shake and then we'd drive to the airport and watch the planes take off. I know these sound like little things (and there were lots of other great times), but I really enjoyed the time spent together doing things that seemed a little indulgent.
I want my kids to have memories like these. Time with their parents doing things purely for the fun of it. So, I have instituted Family Movie Night. We got in our PJs, cuddled under the blanket, stuffed ourselves with popcorn, and enjoyed a movie (Toy Story 2). It was a GREAT NIGHT and I think it's going to be a regular thing around here.

3 comments:
That is a great tradition. The kids will always look forward to it, and maybe even blow off their friends when they are teenagers if you get a good enough movie. How often to you plan to do it?
So fun, only I have "movie night" all day, every day at my house. Maybe I should start a tradition where I actually read them a book or something =) Kendyll, you're the best mom ever.
Kendyll, you are an awesome mom! I love the tradition and think that someday I will have to start a similar tradition. I can remember special traditions like that with my Gma and they are wonderful to think back on.
Post a Comment