Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My Little Readers

I think I've said it before, but I was a little worried about Jack's reading skills.  I knew he could read, but it was usually a fight to get him to try.  We borrowed the BOB Books from a friend right before Kindergarten started and he enjoyed them which made him a little more willing. Since then his teacher has repeatedly assured us he is one of the best readers in his class.  Tonight he finished the last book in the BOB series.  He doesn't have a love for reading out loud like Wesley, but he is good at it.
After Jack finished reading his book, Avery picked out a book in the middle of the box (of Series 2) and asked if she could try reading it.  I've been mildly working with her on some sight words and I've seen her sound things out, but I've never tried to have her read a book or even a sentence before.  To my surprise, she didn't have much trouble with this at all.

No comments: