Sunday, August 10, 2014

San Diego Sun

Hmmm, it just took me a half hour to sort through all of my photos just to pick out my favorites for this post.  It's safe to say we had a bunch of fun! 
Aunt Tracey decided to drive down with us just a few days before and we're so glad she did.  We drove 13 hours and she entertained us all the way.
 We didn't have any exact plans for this trip, we just wanted to have a little fun before getting back to school and who can resist San Diego?
Here is our trip, like always, told mostly through pictures.
 
Friday - Dinner @ South Mission Beach
Tess put everything she could get her hands on into her mouth.  I can't begin to count how much seaweed, shells, and sand I pried out of her cheeks.  The kids played in the water until they were soaked to their waists.  We roasted hot dogs over the fire and ate plenty of marshmallows.  Perfect start to vacation.
 
 
Saturday - Boys and Moms' Day Out 
 Papa took Wesley and Jack out for the day.  They went to a hundred different pet stores (just for fun), lunch, the movies (How to Train Your Dragon 2), dinner, and brought home ice cream.  They clearly had a blast.  Meanwhile, Avery and Tess stayed at home with a sitter for a few hours while my Mom and I went out for some fun of our own.  We walked around a few stores, ate lunch, tried on lipsticks, and she spoiled me with a new dress and shoes... it was a pretty perfect afternoon.  Also, Mimi found Avery the perfect "Taylor Swift headband" from the Twenty Two video.  We all went to bed happy!
 Oh and Papa read them a bedtime story - Homer Price, The Doughnuts. They were engulfed.
 
Monday - Mountain Hawk Park by Otay Lake and dinner with Uncle Eddie
Wesley and Avery could have stayed on the splash pad all day, but Jack preferred climbing on the playground, his upper body strength still amazes me.  Mom made a super yummy dinner and we had a good time visiting with Uncle Eddie and Vesna.
 
Tuesday - The Girls
I can't come to San Diego without seeing some of my oldest, dearest friends.  Most of my teenage memories include at least one of them.  This trip I was lucky Valerie was in town from Arizona at the same time.  We spent the morning visiting her at her beach camp in Carlsbad.  Wesley decided to finally venture a little deeper into the water to boogie board and Jack made a new friend, Brody.  Dinner with Brit and Lauren was delightful and came at an especially good time since Brit moves to Washington DC next week.  I think I feel a girls trip coming on.

Wednesday - The new Waterfront Park and fun at the Draper's
This new park is beautiful! I could go on and on about it but I'll sum up... we loved it!  For lunch we picked up my favorite Mexican food.  Then we met up with Gina and her kids at the Draper's house to swim and zip line. Yep, zip line!  These kids are fearless!  On the way home the kids all said this was their favorite day in San Diego so far.
 

Thursday - Our Last Day
Mimi spoiled the kids with new toys.  We took one last trip to the pool, the kids and Mimi were loving it! And Papa took us all to get some ice cream before bed.

Phew, did I take enough pictures? I can't help myself.
 
The kids have already learned how much fun it is to visit Mimi and Papa and how sad it is to leave.  But we always miss Brad and are so happy to come home to him.  Plus these little ones were angels in the car, so I'm thinking we should go more often!


No comments: