Friday, June 13, 2014

Happy or Sad?

It's been an emotional day around here.  Wesley's had such a great year at school and the thought of it ending has made both of us a bit sad.
Let's recap the last week of school...
Monday, I brought him lunch at school and stayed to play basketball afterwards.  He is such a good and friendly kid and always happy to include anyone.  Mostly I loved that he was overjoyed to have me there, I know he won't always feel that way and I want to soak it up while I can.
Wednesday, I came to his award assembly to watch him get the Gold Hawk award for meeting many goals this year.  Later in the day they also had a reading rewards assembly and he got this huge red ball.  Brad also got to meet him for lunch and to play basketball, Wesley likes to show off his dad's height!  He said it was one of his best days ever. :)
And then Thursday was Field Day.  A fire truck came and sprayed them all with the hose.  Wesley said he got so wet his pants almost fell down!
 So this morning we took some 'last day of school' pictures.
Wesley and Tate weren't quite sure how they felt about the last day...

But he was happy to get one more picture with
Mrs. Dangerfield.
After school he walked through the door and melted into a sad puddle.  Plenty of tears were shed.
I think he said it best in his journal that night
(I asked if I could take the pictures).
(that's one sad hug)
I'm just so proud of this little boy.  I LOVE that he loves school.  I hope he is as excited and happy at his new school.  And I hope he keeps up this journaling thing because how cool is that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just love that Wesley. Cutest journal entry ever.