I love the fourth, but this year may have been my favorite yet. It started off great with my parents coming to town on Thursday. At the last minute on Friday we met our friends, Kurt and Jill, at the West Jordan Carnival. Wesley loves their kids and the fair was much better than it has been the last couple of times I've been, or maybe it just seemed better because Wesley was having the time of his life. He went on almost every ride (for kids), played on the gigantic playground (you should check it out if you haven't already), and ate handfulls of fresh kettle corn (my most favorite snack, only available on select occasions). After the fair we spent a few minutes enjoying the unusually beautiful July weather in our front yard. I love summer nights!
Apparently we hadn't had enough of the fun, so we went back for more... First thing on Saturday morning we took my parents to the Riverton Carnival. Again we had a fantastic time. There's nothing like watching you child giggle out loud from pure joy. Each ride was like Christmas, he never wanted it to end.


I know I haven't even metioned Jack yet, and there's not much to say except isn't he so cute? This was his first ride on a carousel and he loved it!
(This is my cousin Kindred, she also came up to Utah with my parents and is staying with us for a couple weeks.)This was Wesley's first roller coaster and, small as it was, it clearly gave him a thrill. You should have seen his face in person...Priceless.
Grandma brought Wesley this spyglass from Disneyland and he hardly has put it down all weekend, even while we were at the carnival. I think he's excited he's one step closer to being a real pirate.
Seriously, the fun never stopped. We barbequed at Reed and Shanna's that evening with her family, Grandma and Grandpa, and Katherine and Shane. Life is good.
And once again it was confirmed, Jack is Grandpa's twin. Dark eyes, big ears, and all.
Really, our Fourth of July was the best. After taking the boys home to bed, Brad and I sat on the front porch and enjoyed the fireworks courtesy of our neighbor. They were as good as any of the city shows, maybe not completely legal, but very enjoyable.
Hope your Indepence Day was all you wished for! Ours was.




5 comments:
There's little Jacky, making his monkey face! A face after my own heart. Ok, I think its worth mentioning,that I (bold lettering) was the first to determine Jack was his grandpa's twin. thank you very much...
The boys are getting so big! They are both too cute for words. I'm glad you had a great 4th of July. Love you and miss you lots!
Looks like a fun 4th. I love the picture of your grandpa and Jack Priceless
Fun weekend! I LOVE Wesley's face on the roller coaster....it truly makes the $5 you spent on that one ticket totally worth it!
CHECK OUT MY FRIENDS CUTE SITE!
FLOWER CLIPS, HEADBANDS, BEANIE CAPS AND MORE!
www.pocketzfullofpoziez.blogspot.com
Post a Comment