Ava had an ice skating birthday party yesterday, so fun right?
Well I'm a terrible mother, and didn't realize the ice rink was outside, so on a 20 degree day I only had sweatshirts on my kids. Not a good start. The boys didn't want to skate and insisted they only walk on the ice. Avery loved it, but needed to hold my hand the whole time. And Tess enjoyed being held by Brad, occasionally sliding her feet around on the ice, right up until she starting crying for no apparent reason. When I tried to take her from Brad, she screamed in pain. What?! How is it, that with 20 kids ice skating, a baby who's been held the whole time could be injured? I would say this was not our best experience, although Michele throws a great party.
After feeling around, it appeared Tess cried hardest when her elbow was touched so we took her to an InstaCare. She also had stopped using that arm at all. The poor girl had dislocated her elbow. A quick pop back in place and she was as good as new. Brad felt terribly guilty, but really didn't do anything wrong. I think he was super relieved to learn from my mom that this is a Larson thing, Blake's elbow was dislocated FIVE times!

No comments:
Post a Comment