Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Cookies and Jammies

I love Christmas Eve, it's magical.  The kids are so excited about Santa's arrival and yet still so intrigued and happy to read about Christ's birth.  The traditions of the night are also so fun... decorating cookies for Santa, opening new Christmas pajamas, and reading The Night Before Christmas right before bed... we love it all.
I'm happy to say I kind of cheated with the cookies this year :) I was planning on making sugar cookies, but then my sweet friend Cammie dropped off a box of sugar cookie snowmen and gingerbread men and I thought why make more?  Ok, I did make Orange Carrot cookies for myself because that's another tradition I can't live without.
 Chris bought the game Operation to play with the kids which was really fun, but getting Avery to participate was the best part.  She was so afraid of the buzzer!
 This years' jammies might be my favorites, especially because Wesley and Tess kept saying "ho ho ho" for like twenty minutes after Wesley got dressed.
 Bedtime, but not before we set out Santa's cookies...Mmmm.

No comments: