Monday night was Wesley's first soccer game! How cute is he? We signed him up a couple months ago with some other friends from the neighborhood (Tate, Bailey, Gavin, Olivia). They named themselves the Red Dragons, this game was against the Fireballs, they both sound pretty scary for preschoolers! He was so excited to play and loved every minute!
He got to start the game with the first kick and ten seconds later Tate scorred the first goal!
(these pictures are stills from my video, sorry they're blurry)
It was pretty funny watching four year olds play the game. After the first kick Wesley wasn't quite sure what to do but run. Sometimes he wasn't even near the ball, but he was always smiling! Then he saw Gavin guarding the goal and he thought he'd give that a try (they don't have a goalie for teams this young). But you can see in the second picture how well that worked out!
It was freezing cold, but Brad and I couldn't have had more fun watching Wesley. Does this mean I'm turning into a soccer mom? Watching the video back I got a little tired of my own voice cheering him on. I'll try to reign it in a bit! And I'd like to tell you the score, but no one keeps score... Wesley was just happy when I told him both teams won!
Super job Wesley, we think you're Awesome!






3 comments:
I love it!!! Go Wesley!!
Toooo Cute!! It is so much fun watching 4 yrs olds play!! I need to get better about blogging.. Brynlee had her 1st game two weeks ago and this last game was rained out.
Great job to Wesley!!!
Kendyll, reign it in? Impossible! That little uniform makes me want to become a soccer mom, so cute.
Post a Comment