Monday, May 25, 2009

We LOVE San Diego!

We spent the last week and a half in San Diego and, truth be told, are a little sad to be back.
My brother Dane was married on Saturday, May 16th (the real reason for our trip). His beautiful bride's name is Jenee (pronounced Jenny) and she is awesome, a perfect match for eachother.
(Due to technichal difficulties, this is the only picture I can post of the wedding now, hopefully more will follow)

Brad had to leave Sunday morning to get back to work, too bad for him because we spent the next week playing all over San Diego.

Wesley found a new love for the guitar and drums after watching his uncles and cousins playing Rock Band for hours.

The boys, and really I mean, Wesley, thought they were in heaven as their grandparents doted on them every minute. Grandma Larson took Wesley to the park almost every evening.

Jack went swimming for the first time and thouroughly enjoyed it. He walked all over the kiddie pool in his floatie. We were even lucky enough to be in town at the same time as Emily and her family, so they joined us at the pool a few times. Also we met up with Brit, Lauren, Emily, and their kids at Sea Port Village one morning to enjoy the weather and a ride on the carousel. It is so fun to hang out with them. I wish we were all together more often.

On Thursday we took a ferry ride from downtown to Coronado and Wesley loved it! He was so excited to be on a big boat. And on our last day in San Diego we went to the beach, where else?. Unfortunatley it was a bit chilly, but we dipped our feet in none the less.
Truly, we did something fun everyday.


This morning Wesley woke up and said "Are we doing something fun today?".
Tough luck kid, only thing on today's menu... rest.

4 comments:

Shaylyn said...

I love reading your blog. It makes me smile every time! :)

It was nice to see you and all of your family for Dane's wedding!

Love ya!

The McMackin's said...

Looks like you had a blast! I am so bummed that we didn't get a chance to get together, but I'm sure there will be other times. How sad that Brad had to go back to work and miss out on the phone! I love the picture of Wesley with the guitar. Awesome!

The McNeil Family said...

Congrats to Dane.. It is always fun in San Diego. I am jealous, wish I could have met up with you guys in SD. It sure looks like your boys had a blast. My kids love being with Grandma and Grandpa also there is always something fun to with them.

Ali said...

Cute blog! Tate and I had a GREAT time today, as always. It is so nice to have made such a good friend who lives so close.