Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Little Miss is Three!

We usually give the kids their presents first thing in the morning, but Avery opened up her presents right after church, because lets be real we're hardly on time for church ever without trying to add in a birthday celebration.  She got a few new dress-ups and the Pinkalicious books.  Could she be any cuter?
 But, now let me tell you a little story about Avery's party at Grandma's.  Since Ben and Cammie were still in town, and Hailey's birthday is only two weeks after Avery's, Chris bought them both princess dresses for the party.  Here's where Avery almost missed out on her own birthday party... our little miss decided to have her biggest DIVA moment yet.  Right after arriving, Chris brought out the Cinderella dress and Hailey walked in in her Snow White dress. 
Avery took one look and exclaimed
"I don't like it and I'm not going to wear it!!!"  What?!
Now, she may be my only girl and a bit spoiled, but she certainly does NOT get to talk to her grandma (or anyone) like that.  I scooped her up and to her straight out the room while she screamed and hollered.  I informed her the party would go on without her, if she couldn't straighten up and be good.  She then informed me that she "wanted a Belle dress, NOT Cinderella!"  Again, what?!  She's never asked for a Belle dress and now was not the time.  Grandma gave her a Cinderella dress and she was going to be happy with it!  She took a few more minutes to grump and think about her options, ultimately deciding a party and Cinderella dress was better than missing a party and getting nothing.  Funny thing is, once she put in on she LOVED it! 
Look at her rock the camera!
Yummy cake and more presents topped off the night.
 Thanks Grandma for putting up with her meltdown, you put on a great party!
We had a few friends over the next night for New Year's Eve, but the only pictures I got are of Avery's second little celebration with ice cream sundaes.
 Ellie gave her a beauty kit and immediately put it to use (they always pretend they're doing each other's hair).
 Please note, Avery is still wearing the dress she thought she "didn't want!"  And I love their orange soda mustaches!
 
A few more things about Avery right now:
She is a girly girl. 
Dress ups, necklaces, pretty clothes, all really suit her.
She really adores her brothers.
When I drop them off a school she always says she
misses them.
She loves to sing. Church songs mostly, but she also loves to sing Carly Rae Jepson's "Oh, oh oh oh oh, we'll have a good time" over and over again.
She wants to be independent. "I can do it myself!"
She still likes Dad the most.
She wants to hold Dad's hand every time she walks down the stairs.
She is the worst snuggler in bed. She lies her head on top on your head, she kicks, throws elbows into your throat.
Really she's the worst.
She sleeps with Lovey, pink baby (a new one after we lost the original at Aunt Connie's), Minnie Mouse, and kitty (an ugly Christmas puppet she found).
She likes us to sing "A Bushel and A Peck" and "Mother, (Avery) I Love You" before bed.
We love her like crazy.


No comments: