In preparation for playing Jr.Jazz this winter, we signed Wesley up for a small basketball skills camp at our rec. center. I can't even begin to describe how excited, and nervous, he's been. He's really an overthinker, so he gets worried about whether or not he'll be able to dribble or make a basket. I've had to reassure him many times that this is just for practice, no need to worry.
I stayed and watched the first day and he was so cute, I couldn't help but take a hundred pictures. The coach spent the hour teaching dribbling, dribbling on the side, passing, and the correct stance to shoot the ball (that's why they look like seals, balancing a ball on their noses). I actually think it was all really helpful to Wesley and he was really excited about going back this morning. Today they learned more about shooting and defense.
And, did you notice the shoes? Brad said none of the shoes he owns were good enough to play basketball in. "He could break an ankle!" Really? But 45 dollars later we have these pretty new things. Wesley thinks they're awesome, Brad thinks they do the job, and I think they look good, so we're all happy.








No comments:
Post a Comment