I have the best friends. And yet, sadly I live far away from more than half of them. Happily I flew to Houston this past weekend to spend a few days with Emily. It was a long overdue trip and it didn't disappoint. I had such a good time.
We had massages, facials, and pedicures.
We ate soooo much great food I probably put on a few pounds. Mmmm, I'm still thinking of the leftovers in Emily's fridge wishing I was there for lunch... Crawfish Corn Chowder or Shrimp Perlo or Monkey Bread for a snack? And that's just what we had at the house, every meal was too good.
Emily's friend threw her a suprise baby shower at the most charming restaurant.
I learned to play Settlers of Catan, but it would have been nice to win just once. :)
And then there were the endless hours of good old girl talk.
Her husband was such a good sport about staying with the kids for three days straight.And have I mentioned what a super-husband Brad is? He took off two and half days of work so I could go play. The kids barely noticed I was gone. He even took them to Ava's princess birthday party! And remembered to take pictures with his cell phone so I could enjoy the cuteness.
Brad: Super-Husband and Super-Dad
And lucky me, I get to visit Shaylyn in only three more weeks.
What can I say? I'm a little spoiled.




4 comments:
I loved every minute of your visit. Your departure has left me to deal with an extra sad Claire, apparently you were the best friend she's ever had and her heart is broken.
p.s. I can't BELIEVE you posted that picture!
Jealous.
So fun.. You two girls are beautiful!! I am jealous just as Brit is. Wow you have an amazing husband.
I'm so glad you had fun with Emily! Sounds like the perfect girl time. I'm excited to see you in a couple of weeks :)
Post a Comment