Friday, July 9, 2010

Thanks Mom!

I really can't say it enough, my kids have the most awesome grandparents ever! I mean really Brad's parents, Brad's grandma, my parents, my grandparents... they couldn't be more loved by anyone else. They spoil these three rotten and love them to death. I'm so glad we live close to Brad's parents and get to see them often, it's a real treat for us and the kids enjoy every second we spend there. So, I get a little sad sometimes that my parents don't live close by.
But here's where I am really lucky... my mom loves to travel. And so, almost every two or three months, she comes up to see us. Every trip is a lot of fun, but this past two weeks has been one of the best. She left this morning and it hasn't been the greatest day around here, I must admit we're all a little grouchy that she's gone (OK maybe not Brad, but he does love you Mom). So here are some of the highlights...
We took my Mom to the Gardens at Thanksgiving Point because she had never been and it was a great afternoon.
We also went to Gardner Village (twice), it's pretty much a standard when she comes. The boys love feeding the ducks and this time they rode the ponies as well. Jack couldn't stop talking about his horse (Pal) for days.

The second trip to Gardner Village ended a little too quickly for Jack, but Wesley stayed with Mimi and Sister Patton and had the time of his life. I heard he talked until they were nearly deaf! He came home with a new toy and a bag of goodies.
But, this afternoon was one of my favorites. We just came home from lunch with Shanna and it started to pour, so my Mom took the boys for a run in the rain. Something about the pure joy on their faces still brings a tear to my eye.

Thank you Mom for the time you've spent with us these past few weeks. We love you and miss you already!

3 comments:

The Glaziers said...

Shannon rocks!!!

The McNeil Family said...

I agree with Lauren.. YOur mom does ROCK!! It is so fun to spend time with grandparents. My kids just got back from spending a week at my parents house. They loved it and couldn't stop talking about what they did together. My parents called me the night they left to tell me how much they missed my kids already. WE are so blessed to have wonderful parents. Love you and miss you

Shaylyn said...

I adore your mom... She is the best! I wanna run in the rain with your mom! LOL :)