Our Easter weekend began as all Easter's should... with family and an Easter Egg Hunt.
My mom, whom the boys now call Mimi (Jack came up with it), came into town on Friday night to spend the week with us. For weeks Wesley has been waiting to go to the "big Easter hunt" at Thanksgiving Point with Mimi. I can't say enough how much fun we had last year (I blogged about it here). But this year was not so great. Note how many parents are rushing the field in the picture below. What you can't really tell is how many of those parents scooped up armfulls of eggs for their kids... and we were in the back playing catch up. Two eggs for Wesley and one for Jack was our total. Awesome. Luckily Wesley is still too young to know he was ripped off. Also some kid pushed him down into a puddle of water on the bouncy slide and I kind of lost it, becoming a crazy mom. It was not one of my finer moments. I'm really going to have to give it some more thought before we decide to go back next year.

But, even though it wasn't my favorite morning, the kids got to see the Easter Bunny and play in some snow. Yep, snow on Easter. Geez.
I have adopted the Curtis' family tradition and now know that the 'Easter Bunny' hides our baskets for us to find in the morning. Wesley and Jack thought this was really fun.
Wesley's was hidden in 'his house' aka the small play spot under the stairs.
Jack's basket was next to the bin of balls, behind the basketball hoop. He would spent all day in this spot if he could.
And Avery's basket was under her swing.
Anyway, Easter was great. We had dinner at Reed and Shanna's house, I just love her. Tomorrow is her birthday and Monday we went out to dinner and a movie. Have you seen The Bounty Hunter? You should, it was great fun! We have spent the rest of the week playing with the kids. They went on a train ride at the mall with grandma, fed the ducks at Gardner Village, and jumped on the trampoline, what more could they ask for? Plus, at night my mom helped me get some scapbooking done. I'm still working on Jack's first year, so I'm a little behind and was in desperate need of some motivation. We even fit in a few more chick flicks. My mom is gone now and we're all a little sad, especially Brad. HaHa. Love you Mom.

3 comments:
I'm sorry Thanksgiving Point wasn't what you thought it would be, I wish I could have been there during your Crazy Mom Moment!
So you hid Avery's basket? Humm, did she have fun looking around for it? Probably not! You are CRAZY.
Avery is getting so big and smiley, and your boys are handsome. I miss you all.
That stinks that the boys didn't get many eggs at the easter egg hunt. It is so nice when mom come and stay for a wk. I love it too and especially all the help they are. I love Avery's precious smile. Wow snow still! It sure looks like a cold easter. Love readimg your fun stories. I am still trying to get all the pictures to post form our easter.
What a bummer about the boys not getting a bunch of eggs this year! I loved hearing about your crazy mom momment... I can only imagine what you probably wanted to say and do to that naughty kid who pushed Wesley down. LOL :)
I have to agree with the girls, your babies are darling and little Avery has a contagious smile :)
Post a Comment