Monday, November 9, 2009

Wesley's Birthday Party

Wesley's 3rd birthday is this Thursday (Nov.12), so today we had a party for him. All of his friends were there and you couldn't find a happier kid (up until the past-naptime-meltdown!). It was a pirate birthday with games, lunch, cupcakes, and pirate accessories galore. The kids seemed to have a great time, while us moms always enjoy eachothers company.

I'm not quite sure what was so funny, but most of lunch time was spent laughing instead of eating!

This game was like pin the tail on the donkey, but instead each kid tries to put their treasure chest on the 'x'. Wesley was right on!

Truly, we have the best friends! It's really a blessing to have friends that I love with kids that Wesley loves.

After all the activites Wesley opened his gifts and then couldn't wait to tear into the packages and get everything out. My mistake...this is the result... Wesley 'hiding' in a cubby with his new toys to protect them from the touch of any other kid. Hence, the beginning of the meltdown. I guess one kid can only handle so much fun. The party ended shortly after. :)

I must say the party was a success. Even Jack joined in the fun (he LOVES these balloons!). Thank you, thank you everyone for coming and making Wesley's day.

And just because I think they are too cute, I'm throwing in this picture from church yesterday. Seriously, cute.

4 comments:

Shaylyn said...

I can't believe that Wesley is going to be 3!?! I love the party theme and all of the decorations. Great job! Your boys are just the cutest!

Emily Nutz O'Neal said...

Kendyll, you throw quite the party! I miss you. On a seperate note, Ryan pretended to cry over burnt chicken last night =)

The McNeil Family said...

What a cute party. It sure looks like Wesley had a great time. Hope all is going well with you and the baby girl!

Chelle said...

I agree, seriously, cute! Looks like fun!!!